We recommend the following articles (hosted here on GayChurch.org) for anyone who would like to understand more about homosexualty and the Bible. We also have an online bookstore offering books that address the topic of homosexuality and the Bible in greater detail, as well as hundreds of books and other resources on various topics that support and affirm LGBT Christians.
Calling the Rainbow Nation Home
A profound book by author E.T. Sundby grounded in Scriptural truths set around the story of one woman’s spiritual journey to acceptance and affirmation. “Calling the Rainbow Nation Home” will help you, or someone you love, reconcile their faith with their sexual orientation. God does love you – just the way you are!
A series of articles which highlight many of the book’s key points, including:
- Introduction: God loves us and is calling us home – just as we are.
- Our Story: Who are we and why are we here?
- Are We Going to Hell? Are homosexuals condemned to hell? The question of salvation.
- Homosexuality, is it a Sin? Many claim homosexuality is a sin? Are they right? What is sin to God anyway?
- The Witness of our Lives. Our lives give testimony to the God we serve.
- Celibacy: Several denominations and para-religious groups ‘accept’ homosexuals if they are “non practicing” (i.e. celibate). Is this scriptural?
- Homosexuality and the Bible: Why do many in the Church believe homosexuality a sin? What does the Bible have to say about homosexuality?
- Prejudice in the Church: Unfortunately fear and prejudice are not new to the Church. Jesus suffered at the hands of the Pharisees and the Gentiles from the Christian Jews. We are not alone.
- Righteousness and Justice: Why the Church is ‘missing’ it and is growing further away from the heart and soul of God’s Word and towards a gospel that preaches intolerance and discrimination? Judgment is coming, but it will start first with the Church.
Although the articles are good, the book is better!
Justified Through Christ
Author Richard Davis writes that our justification comes through Jesus Christ Himself. Everything else, including the interpretation of various ‘clobber’ passages is secondary.
The Bible, Christianity, and Homosexuality
Rev. Justin Cannon (Inclusive Orthodoxy) presents an excellent article which takes a close look at some of the clobber passages some use against homosexuals.
A Letter to Louise
Rev. Bruce Lowe, a retired and straight Baptist minister, blesses us with an excellent and thought provoking article on this subject (courtesy godmademegay.blogspot.com). Someday this work deserves to be turned into a book in its own right. Until that time enjoy the insights Bruce brings to the Body of Christ.
Stepping Out in Faith: Text, Context and the Question of Same-Sex Marriage
A sermon preached by Foster Freed at Knox United Church (Parksville, BC) on June 11th, 2006